Tim Boland is a trial lawyer for the seriously injured. He has extensive trial experience and numerous precedent-setting verdicts on behalf of individuals who have suffered traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord trauma, serious orthopedic injuries and those who have lost loved ones.
Tim is most proud of his cases that have changed the law for the better. Tim has co-chaired, presented and demonstrated at numerous conferences dedicated to personal injury law and trial advocacy, and has lectured at many continuing legal education seminars.
He has published extensively in the areas of personal injury law and trial advocacy. Tim is a former Director of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA) where he has chaired a number of important committees, including Access to Justice. He is involved in a number of community activities including the Lids on Kids program sponsored by his firm to provide bicycle helmets for children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- 2008: H. Bruce T. Hillyer Award from OTLA for outstanding trial advocacy
- 2014: Honoured at OTLA’s Annual President’s Dinner by celebrating his achievements and recognizing him as a leader of the personal injury bar
- OTLA annually presents the Tim Boland Award for Best Overall Advocate at the OTLA Cup
- 2015 – 2018: Canadian Lawyer magazine recognized Tim’s firm, BolandHowe LLP, as one of the Top 10 Personal Injury Boutiques in Canada
- Certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Civil Litigation
- Chosen by peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in Canada
- Chosen by peers for inclusion in Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Consistently recommended as one of the leading lawyers in the area of personal injury law by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory